Sweeney Todd/KU Opera Open Call Auditions
Auditions are completed. Thanks to all who auditioned!
University Theatre Open Call Auditions
Tuesday, November 7, 4:30 pm – 8:30 p.m.
Crafton-Preyer Theatre, Murphy Hall
Productions to be cast:
by Lynn Nottage
Directed by Darren Canady
March 22, 23, 24*, 26, 27, 28, 2024
William Inge Memorial Theatre
Casting Information/Character Breakdown
Jayhawk Performance Lab 10-Minute Play Festival
April 25, 26, 27, 28*, 2024
Elizabeth Sherbon Theatre
Project List/Casting Information/Character Breakdowns
How to register:
Students must attend open call and are strongly encouraged to prepare memorized audition material. (Contact Jim Dick at email@example.com if you cannot make it to open call to discuss possible alternate arrangements). Audition sign-ups are being organized through acceptd. You will need to create a free profile on acceptd if you do not already have one. Choose "Spring 2024 Audition Registration" from the drop-down menu and follow all the prompts to register and choose an audition time. Registration will open on October 9.
What to prepare:
- You will have up to 3 minutes total to audition
- Please prepare 2 contrasting monologues of approximately one minute in length each
- To be considered for the musical piece, you should also prepare 32 bars (approximately 45 seconds) from a musical theatre song. Bring sheet music and be ready to sing with accompaniment. Please no tracks or acapella, we would like to hear you sing with the piano.
- An accompanist will be provided
- Please visit Audition Files (KU login required) for more information, including a casting breakdown for both productions.
Scripts of the productions to be cast will be available in 317 Murphy.
Invited callbacks will take place November 8 & 9, 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. Callback lists will be posted each morning on this page and in the Murphy Green Room.
University Dance Company Auditions:
Thursday, January 18, 5:30 pm
Room 242, Robinson Center
For information on dance auditions visit UDC Auditions.
University Theatre auditions are open to all students of every major. We welcome and encourage students of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and abilities to audition.